Monday, August 24, 2009

543: Merionydd or Bust!!!!!!

The LONELY sir Extavias........
Count Edar left to the Funeral of Sir Borre and from ther he was going to the dean forest to set a pace to Merionydd and to save his heir and the children of leicester. My Lord is so noble that I can not imagine ever serving another! Apparently ( according to Sir Amadis ) a bone whistle was captured during last years battle by sir aedon and if my Lords party can reach Herford in the dean forest they can use it to reach Cader Idris swiftly. I wished so badly to go with my count, but sadly he said no. So now I sit at Tilton and await news like a pregnant wife! Count Edar did leave me in a good position however. A position of honour! Deputy castellan of Leicester itself!!!!!! Sir Gwalchmai congradulated me on the post before he went North to Count Derfel of Lincoln, his master. Sir Gwalchmai is so angry that his Lord would not give him leave to aid my count, as they have been friends for a lifetime. But it is well known that count Derfel is too jealous of My Lord Edar, and would never aid him in any wise. So now I sit waiting for word. Count Edar took with him only his most trusted companions..... Sir CynFyn, Sir Amadis, and Sir Aedon! CynFyn wanted to take many more knights, but my Lord refused. He said only that if Sir Gherrin came back from his errands in the North, then to send him on to find them. I begged to go but Count edar only laughed and said that he did not want to lose ALL the heirs of the Ironmen of Leicester in one fell swoop, and that if they fell..... i would be the last and most impotant of that line...... How sad......... I think, .......as i tuck myself in tonight and wonder where my brave companions are tonight.............

No comments: