Sunday, June 29, 2008

512: Bassus River Battle

Brandegoris here.....

This year our high king Arthur took us to Malahaut to destroy the Upstart Centurion King. In the battle The Centurion King Haraut was slain by King Pellinore, a friend of our great King's. And King Nentres of Garloth nearly went down to the Leicester men but managed to escape before he was slain by the mysterious Brown Knight of the wilds. Lastly Nentres' son Gelagantis was wreaking havoc on Arthur's army, consumed by passion for his dead father, when Lord Edar and myself attempted to subdue him, but a series of unfortunate events and the curse that God has laid upon me stopped us from capturing the Prince of Garloth who was later subdued by King Pellinore. The battle was a decisive victory for my Lord Arthur, and after the battle we then witnessed a most miraculous thing. The Brown knight of the wilds, who is obviously a very POOR knight by his attire, gave complete freedom to Prince Gelagantis of Garloth. No ransom! Arthur approved of the knights actions and called it a perfect example of chivalry, and I swear there was a tear in my Lord Arthur's eyes as he made his speech. He would NOT give Gelagantis' Garloth back because Arthur's own sister Elaine is Garloth's Queen so my lord claimed the kingdom for himself and will no doubt appoint a steward to govern, though he has given Gelagantis hope that he may ONE DAY inherit if he serves my Lord faithfully and well.

The Centurion King's great Kingdom of Malahaut could also have been my Lord Arthurs but he called upon his new and strange concept called Chivalry and said that he had no right to the Kingdom so he would give it to the Centurion King's son if he would simply pledge fealty to Arthur. HOW GENEROUS MY LORD IS!@!!! All men know by the rules of war that Malahaut was my Lord's to do as he wished with it, but he proves time and again that he is as benevolent as an angel and forgives his enemies. It is amazing to behold. I hope his trust and good faith serve him well and that these creightons do not betray my Lords trust. Barant les Apres the King of 100 Knights is the new King in Malahaut and sworn fealty to Arthur. The year went splendidly ... Until we heard news late in the year that the welsh were attacking our lands while we were away and that King Ryons and Lord Nero, his brother( a giant), and King Lot were besieging Cameliard. And so we all began gathering our supplies to lift the siege of Cameliard. We had a good bit of plunder and I finished building Tilton's ditch and rampart and lead roof. Now I believe that I will soon be ready to build my Orphanage. First however I must help destroy Lot's army and gain more glory slaves, and gold so that I can insure my land's prosperity. My children will soon come of age and I need them to be well provided for. Next year I will build a chapel to St. Guinefort the patron of infants and protector of all children, and then I will complete my orphanage. We will see how life goes.

Young squire Franklin here...


Oh, unfair life, to be robbed of a mother twice before I'm even bearded! The beautiful Lady Christine of Leicester died this winter in childbirth, and I am devastated.

Sir Edward here...

Wow, that was some spring: over a feast we heard the true story of King Arthur's birth and childhood with Sir Ector. Then we jousted with some loon questing after a most unusual beast, which he completely overlooked while fighting with us.

When summer arrived we Leicestermen rode off with Count Idar to fight the Centurion King, thoroughly besting him.

At the close of the summer campaign King Arthur even came to stay at Leicester, practically eating poor Count Idar out of house and home. But, knowing Idar, the peasants rallied and soon the fountains of the city were pouring honey once more, the weeds in the pavestones bearing fruit, why, even the road apples of Leicester's fine beasts of burden turn overnight into the sweetest drops of dew to water the golden fields of grain outside the city walls...and even though my lord is sad at the passing of his fine lady, all is well and the lands prosper under his careful ministrations.

1 comment:

brandegoris said...

Brandegoris here.....
This year our high king Arthur took us to Malahaut to destroy the Upstart Centurion King. In the battle The Centurion King Haraut was slain by King Pellinore,a friend of Our great King's. And King Nentres of Garloth Nearly went down to the Leicester men but managed to escape before he was slain by The mysterious Brown Knight of the wilds. Lastly Nentres' son Gelagantis was wreaking havoc on Arthur's army, consumed by passion for his dead father, when Lord Edar and myself attempted to subdue him, but a series of unfortunate events and the curse that God has laid upon me stopped us from capturing the Prince of Garloth who was later subdued by king Pellinore. The battle was a decisive victory for my Lord Arthur, and after the battle we then witnessed a most miraculous thing. The Brown knight of the wilds, who is obviously a very POOR knight by his attire, gave complete freedom to Prince Gelagantis of Garloth,. No Ransom! Arthur approved of the knights actions and called it a perfect example of chivalry, and I swear there was a tears in my Lord Arthur's eyes as he made his speech. He would NOT give Gelagantis' Garloth back because Arthurs own sister Elaine is Garloths Queen so My Lord claimed the Kingdom for himself and will no doubt appoint a steward to govern, though he has given Gelagantis hope that he may ONE DAY inherit if he serves my Lord faithfully and well.
The Centurion Kings great Kingdom of Malahaut could also have been my Lord Arthurs but he called upon his new and strange concept called Chivalry and said that he had no right to the Kingdom so he would give it to the Centurion King's son if he would simply pledge fealty to Arthur. HOW GENEROUS MY LORD IS!@!!! All men know by the rules of war that Malahaut was my Lord's to do as he wished with it, but he proves time and again that he is as benevolent as an angel and forgives his enemies. It is amazing to behold. I hope his trust and good faith serve him well and that these creightons do not betray my Lords trust. Barant les Apres the KING OF 100 KNights is the new King in Malahaut and sworn fealty to Arthur. The year went splendidly ... Until we heard news late in the year that the welsh were attacking our lands while we were away and that King Ryons and Lord Nero, his brother( a giant), and King Lot were besieging Cameliard. And so we all began gathering our supplies to lift the siege of Cameliard. We had a good bit of plunder and I finished building Tilto's Ditch and rampart and Lead roof. Now I believe that I will soon be ready to build my Orphanage. First however I must help destry Lots army and gain more glory slaves, and gold so that I can insure my lands prosperity. my children will soon come of age and I need them to be well provided for. Next year I will build a chapel To ST. Guinefort the patron of infants and protector of all children, and then I will complete my orhhanage. we will see how life goes,